Divorce has always been a difficult, confusing, and time-consuming process. Often, disagreements only serve to extend the frustration, and litigation, for all parties involved. Some couples may be willing to come to agreements and don’t wish to further complicate the process with courts. If you and your spouse are amicable, then collaborative divorce in Reno may be right for you. Contact family divorce lawyers in Reno NV to get this process started.
What is Collaborative Divorce?
Collaborative divorce, sometimes known as divorce mediation, is a form of alternative dispute resolution. Collaborative divorce differs drastically from the courtroom setting of typical divorce cases.
Instead of the “fight and win” atmosphere of courtroom settings, Reno divorce lawyers will conduct a collaborative divorce by focusing on “troubleshooting and problem solving.” Experts and professionals such as CPA’s, child psychologist, real estate experts, and attorneys are placed at the same table to discuss and give insight on how to efficiently divide the community, share the children, and ultimately get divorced.
Collaboration practice can be broken down into 3 key features that are held through contractual agreement:
- Negotiating a settlement that satisfies both sides.
- Sharing information through open communication; and,
- Determining solutions that encompass the priorities of both parties.
The collaborative practice allows both sides to come to agreements at their own pace with the help of Reno divorce lawyers.
Is Collaborative Divorce Right for You?
Divorce is extremely personal. Some may find that the traditional courtroom divorce proves to be highly destructive, time consuming, and money consuming. The practice of collaboration is a perfect alternative if you:
- Want to give equal consideration to your spouse’s needs.
- Collaborate on solving problems creatively.
- Have children, and wish to prioritize their needs.
- Desire to see past current feelings and want to think about the future.
- Take control of the process away from the court systems.
- Wish to maintain respect.
If you relate with any of these principles, then collaborative divorce may be an appropriate alternative dispute resolution.
Collaborative divorce lawyers in Reno offer many benefits that change the way divorce usually plays out.
- Saves time
- Saves money
- Facilitates an open exchange of information
- Allows both parties to come to agreements that is best for everyone
- Allows for post-divorce decisions
- Opens up for post-settlement dispute resolution
A Healthier Way of Divorce with Reno NV Family Lawyers
Divorce no longer needs to be a destructive period in anyone’s life. With collaborative divorce, you can keep the life you built for yourself from the chaotic nature of courtroom divorce.
With collaborative practice, you can avoid arguing non-essential issues involved in traditional divorce. Erin N. Grieve is an accomplished divorce attorney and family law attorney with years of experience in collaborative divorce in Reno. Reno NV family lawyers like Erin have knowledge to help your family through tough times. Take the steps towards a healthier divorce and contact Erin N. Grieve today.